Friday 18 January 2008

Basket Weaving

IMPORTED POST FROM OLD BLOG. ORIGINAL DATE: 14/11/2007

Not to be outdone by Mike and his chainsaw course - I made a basket!  Took me two days, one cut finger, sore thumbs and thermal clothing, but I did it!
Needless to say, I can't remember how, and will need to do another course......

It was run by Alan Sage, and he is a fantastic and patient teacher.

We used Willow for weaving and were taken through it all step by painful step - and yes, it is MUCH harder than you might think! :DD

This is the base of my basket. I had to tie the slath here!


You need a lot of room when you add the upstakes!




This is Alan demonstating the next stage.


Weaving took a while and it was so cold in the barn!


Making the handles.



This is the finished product. Somewhat rustic!


I had a great day and would do that again! You can place your orders for baskets with me!

No comments: