Last weekend I went to help a friend build a shelter in his woods, so he has a space to store the basics when he visits to manage the woodland this coming winter. We started by using a post driver to bang in some stakes:
Then attached cross-beams to these:
Everything up to this point had been Sweet Chestnut, but at this point a bit of purchased sawn timber was used:
The final step was to nail on some roof panels he'd bought, and use some recycled desk tops to make the walls:
There's a plan to 'clad' it with some dead branches to improve the aesthetics, but at least there's something to keep the rain off a few odds and ends now!
After the work, we rewarded ourselves with a dinner round a camp fire...
It was really good to be able to apply some of what I'd learned by building our own shelters in the past, of which there've been several versions...