Monday 25 January 2016

Green woodpecker and GoPro chainsaw video

I made the most of the good weather today and cut up a couple of loads of logs with the chainsaw and Truncator in the woods, making a GoPro video while I was at it:


But before I even got that far I had a pleasant surprise when I saw a Green Woodpecker in the wayleave!

They are very shy, unlike those that visit bird feeders in gardens, and usually fly away, but this one stayed where it was. So I grabbed my camera and got a photo, albeit through the car windscreen:
DSC_4711

Then a second one turned up!
DSC_4707

DSC_4708

It's a shame I couldn't get out of the car to take a clearer photo, but I know that if I did they'd have flown away immediately. I'm just glad I finally got to take a photo of these beautiful but shy woodland birds!

Mike

No comments: