Wednesday 18 October 2017

Fallow Buck in the Woods

I'm not sure who was most surprised at this meeting, the Fallow Buck or me... He didn't seem to see me at first, giving me time to get my phone out and take this video:



Meanwhile the area cleared by our coppicing is growing, as are the log stacks:
DSC_6996

I've saved some straighter lengths of hazel and sweet chestnut for other uses - in fact, some of the hazel has already gone to a friend for making besom brooms:
DSC_6977

I've also been making these pegs from branches in the hazel, for future use layering trees to fill in gaps in the coppice:
DSC_6973

And finally, yes, we did get the weirdly coloured sun in the woods too, due to a mixture of Saharan dust and forest fires in Portugal. Very strange seeing a sunset-coloured sun in the middle of the day:
DSC_6992

That's all for now...
Mike

No comments: